Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Why is the Rainier Gone?

Once again, the usual disclaimer: I am not being paid to review, use or blog at all about Johnson Creek Smoke Juice's products. I just like their shit so I write about it.

I had to sit down today and refill my travel pouch--top off my bottles and carts, take out stuff I'm not using enough to carry around, and took the opportunity to play with a couple of mixes. One's new, the other is a Chocolate-Covered Cherry I've been playing with (recipe later). That's when tragedy struck!

I discovered that I was out of jcsmoke.com's Red Oak Rainier juice. I went thru a half-ounce bottle in 11 days.

I knew I'd like it but when I placed my order for my Vea and juices to use in it, I had to draw a line somewhere, so I'd only gotten 1/2 oz of the Rainier. Now I have about 5 drops left in my glass bottle. I knew I should have ordered more, but I didn't expect to vape it every night either. Fine, so next month I get 2 Tundra and 1 full oz of Rainier, since the Tundra is the daily one I put on the eCig every night so I have a full cart overnight and to start out with in the morning.

On the quitting front, I stuck to my 8 smellsticks today but I'm getting worse insomnia again, so time to suck it up and get thru it. I have a small supply of Ambien, so I'll resort to it when I can't stand the no-brain from lack of sleep and revisit the subject with my doctor next week. So, tomorrow I allot 8 again, then 7 Wednesday and reconsider from there. Getting withdrawal symptoms at all when I've only cut down has kind of blindsided me--I expected them once I quit completely, but didn't expect them so soon and they started last week already.

Feel free to drop suggestions for dealing with withdrawal in the comments--not sure why I'm having them at all since I'm using plenty of nicotine replacement (see the title of this post), vaping throughout the day using 24mg/100 ml strength juice plus still smoking some (8 down from 1-1.5 packs/day).

And no, smartass (I know there's one of you out there--there always is), "Quit vaping and just smoke your nicotine like normal people" is NOT a valid suggestion so don't bother. Actually, go ahead and do it--it'll give me something to giggle at when I delete your comment since all comments are moderated before they hit the page.

Time for bed (or try to sleep anyhow) so here's the mix for that Chocolate Covered Cherry mess that's making my room smell awesome and my newly-awake tastebuds squee:

2 parts Johnson Creek Red Oak Rainier Smoke Juice
1 part Johnson Creek Original Chocolate Truffle Smoke Juice

Mix, steep 2 days, then fill a cart and pig out!

If you're allergic to Propylene Glycol (the main allergy turning up amongst vapers) use the Red Oak line Swiss Dark--but expect the results to be thick, because I'm told the Swiss Dark is so thick it doesn't vape well or at all unless you mix it down anyhow. I may also add just a little bit of Vanilla once I get some on hand--vanilla always rounds out chocolate flavors and brings them out so it might really kick this mix in the ass even tho it's already pretty rockin'.

Have fun and happy vaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just one request--keep it respectful and spamless.

Spammers will be fed to the nearest dragon.